The many benefits of an in-school program include, but are not limited to:
- an innovative way to develop important life skills in a supportive, non-competitive environment
- exposure to a nurturing and supportive atmosphere that encourages children to be mindful learners, relax and be their best selves
- development of strength, coordination, flexibility, balance, body awareness, increased focus and concentration, and elevated levels of self-confidence
- development of self-discipline, self-control and emotional balance
- achieving multiple Ministry of Education Curriculum Objectives and Daily Physical Activity requirements
- learning kinesthetic, visual, oral, inter- and intra-personal skills through a fun and engaging multi-sensory environment
What you can find in The Yoga Project classes:
Mindfulness: All TYP classes commence and end with the same sequence of actions, developing structure and a familiar routine for students. We aim to teach students how to connect with themselves, so that they are able to make connections to others and the world around them.
Physical Fitness: Students safely perform simple and challenging movement sequences, and engage in mindful action through poses and balancing postures.
Breath Work: Students learn about breath awareness and how to breathe for different benefits.
Focus Activities: These are used to heighten present-moment awareness, concentration and clarity.
Partner/Group Work: Touch is transformative. Touch is the first and most ancient form of communication and helps develop confidence, trust + empathy.
Relaxation/Visualization: This may include, but is not limited to: guided imagery/story, tools to de-stress, and present-awareness activities.
- athletes further enhance their functional strength, coordination, flexibility, balance, endurance, body awareness, as well as increase focus and concentration through mindfulness activities
- incorporating yoga into a team’s workout or practice regiment aids in injury prevention, elevates levels of self-confidence and mental preparation
- achieve multiple Ministry of Education Curriculum Objectives and Daily Physical Activity requirements
- enhance/complement school atmosphere through character education and goal setting
LUNCH TIME / RECESS & BEFORE / AFTER SCHOOL
- exposure to a sensorial and supportive atmosphere that encourages children to be mindful learners, conscientious and be their best selves
- yoga provides students with effective strategies and tools for stress management, and the promotion of mental health and balanced living – a perfect complement to the school day!
The Yoga Project operates on the belief that every school is unique. Therefore, all yoga and mindfulness programming is individually created and designed by Ontario Certified Teachers, as well as experienced Yoga Teachers with kids/youth/teen + mindfulness specialization.
We customize all quotes based on each school’s individual dynamics and student needs.
The Yoga Project’s school programming is a natural complement to various Ontario Curriculum Units, and can be offered through numerous options such as: Half-Day & Full-Day Workshops, Weekly & Hourly Series, Before/After School Clubs, Athletics & Team Sports + various other options!
Contact us to receive your school’s quote TODAY!